Joshua Nathan is an experienced renewable energy and corporate transactional attorney. For more than 25 years he has represented manufacturers, EPC contractors, service providers and developers in the construction, technology and clean energy sectors. Josh has consulted wind, solar, biomass and real estate companies in a wide range of projects.
Since 2000, Mr. Nathan has held the position of General Counsel for Vestas American Wind Technology, Acciona Energy North America and Third Planet Windpower, LLC -- leading teams that developed and built more than 4000 megawatts of clean energy projects.
Prior to focusing his career on renewable energy, Josh led a team that developed the first national dispute resolution system for the real estate industry in the U.S. Josh also provided legal services in a wide variety of capacities for large industrial construction projects. Among them was the negotiation of a $20 million contract for the construction of a processing plant in Eastern Europe.
Josh provides invaluable counsel to developers and manufacturers on wind, biomass, and solar projects around the U.S. and negotiated international cooperation agreements worldwide. His recent work as a legal consultant has led to the successful completion of more than 950 megawatts of clean energy generation across North and South America. Josh’s technical background combined with his business, legal and leadership skills make Josh a leading attorney and consultant in the renewable energy industry today.
Josh earned his J.D. from the Loyola University of Chicago School of Law in 1986, and holds a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin.
Josh’s practice involves negotiating on a wide range of agreements, such as turbine supply, power purchase and interconnection agreements. He also advises on corporate governance matters, risk management and land acquisition. Representative transactions include:
• Negotiated global cooperation agreement for the co-development and co-ownership of late stage wind, solar and biomass projects
• Negotiated and closed utility-scale solar power project purchase agreements
• Prepared company profile and project prospectus for financing request
• Drafted and negotiated asset purchase agreement for acquisition of 60 MW wind project
• Drafted and negotiated transactional documents for 200+ MW wind farm in Panama
• Negotiated nationwide master services agreement for construction and installation of solar systems
• Led legal teams that successfully acquired and divested project assets that totalled over 1,000 MW
○ Project development
○ Corporate law
○ Loyola University of Chicago, J.D.
○ University of Wisconsin,